National Conference on Machines and Mechanisms (NaCoMM):
International and National Conference on Machines and Mechanisms (iNaCoMM):
NaCoMM Conferences lay emphasis on theoretical aspects and experimental studies relating to machinery. The first NaCoMM Conference, NaCoMM 81 was held at IIT Bombay in 1981. The topics discussed in NaCoMM are as follows:
• Kinematics and dynamics of machines
• Robotics and automation
• CAD and other related subjects
• Gear, Cams and power transmission systems
• Control of machines
• Vibration of Machines
• Rotor dynamics and tribology
• Condition monitoring and failure analysis
• Surface treatments for mechanical components
• Man – Machine System, Mechatronics and Micro – Mechanisms
From the Year 2013, the conference is being conducted as a International and National Conference on Machines and Mechanisms (iNaCoMM).
Industrial Problems on Machines and Mechanisms (IPRoMM):
IPRoMM essentially concentrates on industrial problems and practical solutions to the design of machines in specific areas. The workshops held so far have covered textile, mechanical handling agricultural machinery and home appliances. The latest IPRoMM covers precision instruments and micro–mechanisms. The first IPRoMM , IPRoMM 86, was held in December 1986 at ATIRA in Ahmedabad.
One prominent activity of AMM is the organization of the best design project contest for students. The hosts of a Conference invite students to submit papers based on their B.E./M.E./B.Tech./M.Tech. projects and present awards to the best design projects. Two such contests have been conducted so far, one in Mumbai (NaCoMM 87) and one in Nagpur (IPRoMM 89).
Student Mechanism Design Contest (SMDC) :
One of the key objectives of AMM is to promote innovation among the students. Towards this end, a
mechanism design contest has been made an integral part of NaCoMM since 2009. The purpose of the
competition is to encourage the students to apply their theoretical knowledge in the domain of
mechanisms and machines to solve problems relevant to the society.
List of Activities:
1. NaCoMM 81, IIT Bombay, December 1981 (Dr. C. Amarnath)
2. 6th IFToMM, IIT Delhi, December 1983, (Dr. J. S. Rao and Dr. B. V. A. Rao)
3. NaCoMM 85, February 1985, IISc, Bangalore (Dr. T. S. Mruthyunjaya)
4. IPRoMM 86, December 1986, ATIRA, Ahmedabad (Mr. Ratna Prabhu)
5. IPRoMM 87, December 1987, VJTI, Bombay (Dr. S. Krishnamurthy)
6. IPRoMM 89, January 1989, VRCE, Nagpur (Dr. J. P. Modak)
7. NaCoMM 90, March 1990, University of Roorkee, Roorkee (Dr. S. D. Nigam)
8. NaCoMM 91, December 1991, IIT Madras (Dr. M.A. Parameswaran and Dr. N. Siva Prasad)
9. IPRoMM 92, February 1992, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore (Dr. S. Subramanyam)
10. NaCoMM 93, December 1993, IIT Karagpur (Dr. B.C. Majumdar and Dr. J. M. Das)
11. IPRoMM 95, February 1995, BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore (Dr. S. Harnatha and Dr. Gopinath)
12. NaCoMM 96, January 1996, CMERI, Durgapur
13. NaCoMM 97, December 1997, IIT Kanpur
14. NaCoMM 99, December 1999, IIT Bombay (Dr. B Seth and Dr. K. Kurien Issac)
15. NaCoMM 2001, December 2001, IIT Kharagpur (Prof. A. R. Mohanty)
16. IPRoMM 2003, February 2003, VIT, Vellore (Dr.B. V. A. Rao, Dr. M. Adithan and Dr. S. Narayanan)
17. NaCoMM 2003, December 2003, IIT Delhi (Dr. S. K. Saha)
18. DTDM 2004, December 2004, IIT Madras (Dr. R. Gnanamoorthy)
19. NaCoMM 2005, December 2005, IIT Guwahati (Dr. S. K. Kakoty)
20. IPRoMM 2005, Feb 2005, IIT Kharapur (Dr. A. S. Sekhar)
21. PCEA IFToMM 2006, Recent Trends in Automation, Priyadarshini College of Engg & Architecture, Nagpur (Dr. J. P. Mondak)
22. Team Tech 2006, August 2006 Symp Micro & Nano Fabrication (Dr. V. J. Sundaram)
23. IPRoMM 2007, Jan 2007, Kumaragur College of Tech (Dr. Louis D'Souza)
24. iCAMDIA 2007, Int Conf Adv in Machine Design & Ind Auto, College of Engg Pune
25. NaCoMM 2007, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
26. NaCoMM2009, NIT Durgapur.
27. 9th IPRoMM 2009, IIITD&M, Kancheepuram.
28. 10th IPRoMM 2010, December 2010, MNIT Jaipur.
29. NaCoMM 2011, IIT Madras (Dr. S Bandyopadhyay, Dr. G Saravana Kumar and Dr. M Sreekumar).
30. iNaCoMM 2013, IIT Roorkee (Dr. P M Pathak).
31. 11th IPRoMM 2014, February 2014, ITS Engineering College, Greater Noida. (Dr. S S Chauhan)